Regulatory Convergence for Medical Devices in East/Central Africa
Countries in Africa that are currently regulating medical devices have generally been regulating medical devices through agencies originally set up to regulate the pharmaceutical industry. These agencies continue to function with design, staffing, and orientation to best suit the pharmaceutical industry. Distinguishing between medical devices and pharmaceuticals regulations is crucial due to the inherent differences between these two industries. This workshop will bring together medical device companies, U.S. and African government representatives and multilateral partners to discuss best practices and identify practical steps needed to strengthen regulatory oversight of medical devices and improve market access for these essential health products in the region.
Click here for the flyer.
- Mr. Steve Kipkoti, Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Medtronic & MEDAK Secretary
- Ms. Philana Mugyenyi, Director, Government Affairs & Market Access, GE Healthcare
- Mr. Hudson Mghanga, Country Manager, East Africa, Abbott
- Mr. Maxwell Okello, CEO, AmCham
- Boniface Orang’l, Head of Operations & Customer Service, East Africa, Philips
- Dr. Kenneth Otieno, MD, Africa, Gradian Health Systems