Leveraging PPPs for Vaccine Acquisition and Delivery in Africa
A two part webinar that highlighted the role of public private partnerships in closing the vaccine financing gap and tackling the logistics and infrastructure challenges related to vaccine delivery and inoculations in Africa. The webinar showcased key vaccine financing schemes on the continent as well as technologies and leading solutions that the U.S. and African public and private sectors could launch to facilitate an efficient delivery and inoculation of vaccine doses on the continent.
Corporate Council on Africa (CCA) is drawing on two of its platforms – its Africa Finance Forum (annually held on the sidelines of the World Bank/IMF spring meetings) and its U.S.-Africa Health Security and Resilience Initiative—to convene key stakeholders to discuss strategic collaboration on vaccine delivery in Africa and, thus, a path to economic recovery on the continent.
Panel One: Innovative Financing Moving the Needle
- Moderator: Riva Levinson, CEO, KRL International, LLC
- Dr. Sabin Nsanzimana, Director General, Rwanda Biomedical Centre
John B. Finnigan, MD, Head of Development Organizations, Citi
- Natalie Africa, Senior Advisor to the Director, Africa, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Marie Ange Saraka-Yao, Managing Director, Resource Mobilization and Private Sector Partnership, Innovative Finance Department, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Farley R. Cleghorn MD, MPH, Global Head, Health Practice, Palladium Group
Panel Two: Leveraging the Private Sector for Vaccine Delivery
- Moderator: Jirair Ratevosian, Executive Director, Gilead Sciences
- Sanjeev Gadhia, CEO, Astral Aviation
- Dr. Mercy Mwangangi, Chief Administrative Secretary, Ministry of Health, Kenya
- Esther Ndichu, VP, International Community Relations, The UPS Foundation
- Nicole Smith, COO, Aldelano